Thursday 7 March 2013

The Future of Education

When I consider the future of education, I am excited to realize that it will not only be my students that will be learning over the course of my career- it will be me too! Technology is always advancing, and I find this to be both motivating and inspiring. I hope that I will keep up with all of the new ways that I can incorporate technology in both my classroom and my everyday life, and inspire my students to do the same. This course has made me realize that even the most tech savvy of us have so much more that we can learn!

One thing that stood out in the horizon report was the gaming devices in the classroom- I had never considered this tech option. I'm not too sure what my thoughts are on it? I feel like as a parent (which I'm not yet, but if I was!) I wouldn't LOVE the idea of my child on gaming consoles in school. That being said, I know that not all forms of technology have always been accepted so maybe my opinion could be swayed on this!

The other comment in the report that was no surprise to me (but worth mentioning) was the idea of too much technology in the classroom. I know when I first started this Internet for Ed course I felt overwhelmed, so is this something we need to be keeping in mind with our students as well? That being said, I have never learned so much useful information in one course as I did with this one. Is it worthwhile then for us to possibly overwhelm our students with technology when it is all useful or relevant? Maybe we need to have classes dedicated to technology in middle years or high schools too that can help ease the load for our students?

So much to think about- and all of it is well worth our time. Technology is going to continue to advance whether we approve of it or not- so how much is ok for our classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment