Thursday 28 February 2013

Infographics!

This tech task is up there with my favourites now that I've finished it! I have seen these infographics lots before, I have just never considered them for my classroom! (Partially because I didn't think it was something that could be done so easily!)

I think these most definitely have a place in the classroom, it is just one more option for students to present their work that they have done. I think it would be a perfect accompaniment to an oral presentation, highlighting key points while the students expand on their topic.

I found a couple of sites that were free to use to make these, but Piktochart was my favorite. (And by favorite I mean user friendly... other sites had fun templates but no amount of screaming at my computer worked to insert my own information..which is odd.. normally my computer responds well to outbursts like that....)

I used an article written by Simona Siad for my infographic that used statistics taken from Statistics Canada to show how stressed out our teenagers are these days. The article was written for TheStar.com in May of 2007. I thought it was applicable information that we should be keeping in mind as we move into the classroom, especially those of us that might teach high school. I think we need to be remembering that these students are a lot like us, trying to balance school, work and a social life. I think that, especially during these last few weeks of class, we can all relate!





I look forward to using this tool in both my student teaching placement and in the future with my own classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment