Monday 25 February 2013

Show & Tell!

I have started bookmarking all of my favorite educational resources, so for this blog I managed to narrow it down to a few of my favorites!

BrainPop!




I think that some of you have probably heard of this website before, but what I found interesting is that there are actually 5 of these useful sites for us to use! BrainPop and BrainPop Jr both cover tons of curriculum material, complete with activating videos all the way through to assessment resources for each topic. There is also BrainPopEspanol which (I bet you guessed it) is a spanish site for kids to use that covers the same lessons. BrainPopESL is another one for english as additional learners, and as with most computer activities I think it can really help get these students engaged! Gameup is the last link, which is an educational games portal for your classroom. This sort of thing would be perfect for free time activities that keep students learning!

Super Teacher Worksheets




This one is an obvious, but I think it's always  nice to have a few of these sites in your back pocket! Super Teacher Worksheets is just that, worksheets for all of your subjects including math, reading, writing, phonics, grammer and much more! I know we can easily create our own as well, but I think it's true what they say- work smarter, not harder!

Harvey's Homepage




My last one is similar to SmartExchange that I am sure we are all familiar with! This site has a ton of interactive lessons and activities to do with your class, all sorted by subject. Harvey's Homepage is great for complimenting lessons with interactive smartboard activities, especially when you need something quick! This would be great for students who finish ahead of time (maybe without you expecting it) as well!

This is one blog that I feel like I could go on and on about since there is so much out there for us to use, but I will stop here for now! 

(PS. All of the underlined websites are hyperlinked for easy access!) 

1 comment:

  1. Oh thank you for sharing Brain Pop. I love this site. There is a game about the food web and I just love it. I thought it was fun and definitely a great way to incorporate learning in a great way.
    Your other sites are great, the Brain Pop brought back some good memories.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete